Be Blessed

 photo 181d9c5a-54b3-4f73-b84e-4554b48091b3_zps3a03ab4a.jpg

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Prayer for the Newton, Connecticut Community Affected by School Shooting.




"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit."Psalm 34:18

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been affected by this terrible tragedy.  May this prayer be of some comfort to you and please know and believe that God's love and compassion is with you all and with your loved ones.

Dear Lord,

Please help me in this time of loss and overwhelming grief. I don't understand why my life is filled with this pain and heartache. But I turn my eyes to you as I seek to find the strength to trust in your faithfulness. I will wait on you and not despair; I will quietly wait for your salvation. My heart is crushed, but I know that you will not abandon me forever. Please show me your compassion, Lord. Help me through the pain so that I will hope in you again. I believe this promise in your Word to send me fresh mercy each day. Though I can't see past today, I trust your great love will never fail me.
Amen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...