Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Prayer for those affected by the Tragedy in Aurora, Colorado.



My heart and soul is deeply saddened by the tragedy that occurred in Aurora, Colorado on Friday.  My prayers and thoughts are with all those who have been affected by this senseless tragedy.
God’s mercy is limitless. Sometimes the simplest and best prayer in times of trouble is the prayer that says, “Lord, have mercy!” In fact, in the Gospels, it was often the Lord’s mercy that prompted many of the great physical healings that He performed. If your mind is distracted or confused and you can’t seem to get your thoughts together, simply call out to God for His mercy.
Psalm 4:1 Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
This prayer is for all those dear ones who are suffering from loss and pain at this time.


Dear Father,
I come before you with a broken heart wrenched in pain and sorrow.  Please heal my heart, mind and spirit and give me your peace and everyone else who needs your healing and comfort at this time. 
Father, I thank you for loving me and for feeling my pain.  Thank you for your compassion.  Please transmute this sadness and pain into joy and peace.  Grant me the wisdom to see this situation through the eyes of your loving angels. 
Thank you Father for reminding me of how fragile and precious my life is.  Give me the grace to understand and trust that there is a divine plan behind this situation. Remove from me all hatred, bitterness and fear and instill in me love, forgiveness and acceptance.
Amen.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation."  2 Corinthians 1:3-7





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...