Be Blessed

 photo 181d9c5a-54b3-4f73-b84e-4554b48091b3_zps3a03ab4a.jpg

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Sad Heart - Grief.




“Oh, please tell me Lord, how I can go on? My soul has been crushed into fine silt, sifting through the mangled pieces of my broken heart as it departs from me. What morsel of strength is left inside this empty shell? How can life go on? How can I dream that I will ever feel, breathe, or smile again? Am I lost forever in this tunnel of anguish, destined to wander aimlessly with no hope of escaping this wretched pain in my soul?”



"Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;  My eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief."

~Psalm 31:9~


We are all unique and we all have different life lessons to learn as we venture on our life’s journey, but the one thing that bonds us all together is grief and death. At some point in our lives we will have to face a death of someone very dear to us.


“Tears have a wisdom all their own. They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow. They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system. Here lies the road to recovery.”

~ F. Alexander Magoun~




“Tears are the summer showers to the soul.”

~Alfred Austin~

This is the hardest lesson for us to learn from and the toughest one to cope with, as our souls cry out in pain when a loved one is wrenched from our life. We sit with empty hearts and empty hands and tears wash down our face, shocked by the finality of it. No matter how hard we try to ignore it death is a part of life. No one is immune to the pain of losing a loved one. Whether it be a spouse, a mother or father, a brother, sister or friend, a neighbor, co-worker or an old faithful pet ... the void is there.


“A teardrop on earth summons the King of heaven”

~Charles R. Swindoll~


“Oh, I am very weary, Though tears no longer flow; My eyes are tired of weeping, My heart is sick of woe.”

~Anne Bronte~

We are left behind, struggling to find our way on our own, when death has knocked at our door. Life however still goes on. The sun still comes up in the morning and the birds sing their songs. Everyone bustles around us with their busy lives unaware of the pain in our hearts. The clock still chimes at every hour on the hour. The pages of the calendar still flip by one by one, albeit maybe slower than before.



You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

~David Harkins~



The pain of losing someone is very intense in the beginning but as time goes by the pain eases and the cherished memories remain. One day peace is restored to your soul. You will always love those who have passed that love never ever ends.


I'm Gone now, but I'm still very near.
Death can never separate us.
Each time you feel a gentle breeze,
It's my hand caressing your face.
Each time the wind blows,
It carries my voice whispering your name.
When the wind blows your hair ever so slightly,
Think of it as me pushing a few stray hairs back in place.
When you feel a few raindrops fall on your face,
It's me placing soft kisses.
At night look up in the sky and see the stars shining so brightly.
I'm one of those stars and I'm winking at you and smiling with delight.
For never forget you're the apple of my eye.

~Mary M. Green~



As one year ends and another begins it is a time for reflection for many of us. We think about our dear loved ones who are not with us at this time. Many of us find this time of year very sad and lonely and grief fills our hearts. Let us all pray for those who have lost a dear one this year and ask the Lord to give them comfort and strength to carry on and to fill them with hope and joy to face a new chapter in their lives.






Fear not, for I am with, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.

Isaiah 41:10


For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you Fear not, I will help you.

Isaiah 41:13


Surely He hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows.

Isaiah 53:4


As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you.

Isaiah 66:13


I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued My faithfulness to you.

Jeremiah 31:3


God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1


And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

Psalm 50:15


 


© 2011 Debra Heylen All Rights Reserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...